GPS Based BRTS system
“Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) is a high-quality bus based transit system that delivers fast, comfortable, and cost effective urban mobility through the provision of segregated right of way infrastructure, rapid and frequent operations and excellence in marketing and customer service”.
BRT essentially emulates the performance and amenity characteristics of a modern rail based transit system but at a fraction of the cost.
A BRT system will typically cost 4 to 20 times less than a tram or light rail transit (LRT) system and 10 to 100 times less than a metro system.
How It Works :
Major Elements of BRT
• Running Ways
• Fare collection
• Intelligent Transportation Systems
• Service and Operational Plan
Just as rail transit vehicles travel down tracks, bus rapid transit vehicles travel on guide ways or running ways. In fact, how running ways are incorporated into a BRT system is the major defining factor of a BRT system.
Stations form the critical link between the BRT system, its customers, and other public transit services offered in the region. They also are locations where the brand identity that distinguishes the BRT system from other public transit services, portraying a premium-type service, while integrating with and enhancing the local environment.
Vehicles have a direct impact on speed, capacity, environmental friendliness and comfort. BRT vehicles are also the element of BRT that most passengers and non-customers associate with the BRT system’s identity.
Fare collection systems for BRT can be electronic, mechanical, or manual, but the key BRT planning objective is to support efficient, e.g., multiple stream boarding, for what are extremely busy services.
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) have helped transit agencies increase safety, operational efficiency and quality of service and may have their highest and best use in BRT systems. ITS includes a variety of advanced technologies to collect, process and disseminate real-time data from vehicle and roadway sensors. The data are transmitted via a dedicated communications network and computing intelligence is used to transform these data into useful information for the operating agency, driver and ultimately the customer.
Service and Operating Plans
The design of the service and operations plan for BRT service affects how a passenger finds value in and perceives the service. BRT service needs to be frequent, direct, easy-to understand, comfortable, reliable, operationally efficient, and above all, rapid. The flexibility of BRT elements and systems leads to significant flexibility in designing a service plan to respond to the customer base it will serve and the physical and environmental surroundings in which it will operate.
Reason For Implementing BRTS :
• Shorter trip times
• Short wait
• Easy to use
• Low environmental impact
• Incremental development
- Dashboard gives the all the report details in a very brief way.
- On top it displays a summary report on Today’s, yesterday’s, current month and last month in and all total count.
Total Active Buses count.
Total Over speed(Bus count which have crossed the speed limit)
Total panic alerts(Count the number of times the panic button is been pressed)
Total Trips(Displays the total trips made)
Distance On Trip(Displays the sum of documented distance i.e fixed distance between source destination)
Distance Actual displays the total sum of distance in actual travelled by bus.
- On dashboard you can see a over speed chart report which will display each buses over speed count.
- On dashboard you can view the last log received page which shows the total count of active buses for today .This page gets refreshed every 30 seconds.
- Dashboard also displays a summary report on route which displays the route details which includes route Id, routeno, routername, distance, its source and destination name and the there is link with a count which will redirect to a new page displaying the stops in between that particular route, the count display’s the total stops in between.
- Route wise summary report on dashboard display’s route wise details ,it shows the route name along with that the number of trips have been done on that route.
- List of Activities displays the Last 10 login’s of website.
- User can also see the Live tracking of current running Buses on Google earth.
- User can also download route wise kml files from the website.
- Dashboard also shows the Bus summary report for each buses which includes each buses total trips, over speeds ,panic alerts, distance(on trip) and actual. User can also edit the Bus details by clicking the edit link which will open a pop up window.
- At the bottom of website user can see his last login date and time.
Bus Summary report :